Baton Rouge National Cemetery
Honoring history and our veterans
Manning, APC worked with the Department of Veterans Affairs in its mission to create and maintain lasting memorials which invoke a sense of honor and dignity for our Nation's veterans. Our architect and landscape architect team documented the cemetery’s existing conditions, which included the perimeter brick wall. The cemetery was used to bury Union soldiers during the Civil War and was designated a national cemetery in 1867. In 1997 it was added to the National Register of Historic Places. The original wood fence was replaced with a brick wall in 1878. After carefully documenting the entire site, Manning prepared the construction documents to restore the cemetery, honoring its history and our veterans.